Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, or HBOT functions on the basic principle of administering pure oxygen under higher atmospheric pressures. While traditional practitioners adhered to the fact that the percentage of oxygen needs to be a full 100%, recent developments have opined on the assertion that any percentage of oxygen that is higher than 21% is good enough for the treatment process, as slight modifications in the definition suggest that any amount of oxygen that is higher than that oxygen content in ambient air is good for the therapy. There are many beneficial effects of the greater circulation of oxygen within the body.
Here are some of the advantages.
- Improves the oxygen content in cells and tissues, thereby opening up the blockages and accelerating the process of recovery.
- Creates conditions that are congenial for the growth of new blood vessels in areas that had a limited supply of blood.
- Causes arterial dilations to rebound, thereby increasing the diameter of the blood vessels and improving blood circulation.
- Activates the production of superoxide dismutase which is an internally produced free radical scavenger and anti-oxidant.
- Accelerates the production of white blood cells that help in the healing of internal wounds and injuries.
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy improves the overall circulation of blood inside the human body and the oxygen content of the various cells and tissues. This treatment is highly effective for treating patients suffering from autism, air embolism, Alzheimer’s disease, multiple sclerosis, skin diseases, strokes joint aches etc.